Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Workspace - the Thatched Cottage

Just to keep you all updated, here are some photos I took today of my thatched cottage. You can see the photos I showed before (the very first stage of the cottage) here.
Now you will see that clay, wood and plaster have been added. I've probably only put in another 3 or 4 hours since those first photos, but I plan on taking lots of photos of the process so you can get ideas and be inspired to create your own things. As usual feel free to stop by the Facebook page and comment / ask questions about materials and techniques. You can comment on this blog as well of course and I'll answer questions.

In case you can't tell, I am going for a whimsical almost (but not quite) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs style fairytale cottage rather than a realistic representation of a Tudor house.

More to see soon, don't forget to follow the blog and stop by!


1 comment: